Can you help LAKPA support kidney patients across our area? We cannot do this without your help and will be very grateful for any donation you are able to make. All money raised goes directly to help kidney patients!
Kidney disease is increasingly common and, in most cases a diagnosis will impact the rest a sufferer’s life. This takes its toll emotionally and sufferers and their families and carers need the support of charities such as LAKPA which is run entirely by volunteers, all of whom have had their life impacted in one way or another by kidney disease. LAKPA is free to join and is run entirely by volunteers so all the money raised is directly used for the benefit of kidney patients.
The Covid pandemic has severely affected our ability to raise funds at a time when the need has never been greater. Before the pandemic struck, LAKPA was active in raising funds through sponsored events, supermarket collections, grant applications, summer parties, organising raffles and activities in support of events like World Kidney Day as well as receiving support from a number of local groups. In addition we receive income from bequests, legacies and donations in memory of loved ones and we are truly grateful to the families who think of us at this most difficult time for them.
Supporting LAKPA with a donation
There are three ways you can send money to LAKPA.
- You can post a cheque, made out to the Lister Area Kidney Patients Association (LAKPA), to our Treasurer:
Anthony Byrne, 8 Elm Walk, Stevenage, Herts, SG2 9UY.
- You can make a direct transfer to the LAKPA bank account:
Sort code 20-41-12 / Account No 90483184.
- Or you can simply make a donation via our Just Giving page.
We would encourage you to consider adding Gift Aid to your donation. If you use Just Giving, then you can add Gift Aid online. If you send a cheque or make a direct transfer, please let Anthony know of your wish to add Gift Aid and provide your contact details to him. He will send you a Gift Aid for to sign. Alternatively, you can download and print a copy of the form here and post it to him with your cheque.
How we use the funds
- Welfare grants to patients suffering hardship in consultation with the renal social work team.
- Supporting initiatives such as the Peer Support programme, the Benefits Advise & the Young Adults Worker.
- Purchasing equipment as identified by the clinical team which would not otherwise be provided through the NHS.
- Producing a Newsletter and developing and maintaining this website.
- Providing decorations for all the units at Christmas.
- Subsidising summer outings and celebration meals to bring some fun into the lives of these vulnerable patients.
Help us raise funds!
There are several ways you can help us to raise funds.
If you can organise or assist with any of the above, or have any original ideas for fund-raising, please contact us. We are a small friendly committee and are always looking for any help, however small. We look forward to hearing from you!