Hi, my name is Anthony Byrne (Treasurer) and welcome to the Donation Section of the Lister Area Kidney Patients Association (LAKPA) web site.
I have been group treasurer for approximately 5 years. Please feel free to contact me either by phone (07941 765599) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I shall do my best to help guide you in the right direction, if assistance is required.
Thank you for considering donating to Lister Area Kidney Patients Association.
You can make a One-off donation or set up a monthly, ongoing gift via your bank / building society account.
All donations go towards our work of supporting kidney patients / renal staff in this area.
Donate by using our Gift Aid Form
Download our donation form.
Donate by cheque
We would gratefully accept cheque donations. Please make cheques payable to LAKPA and post to Anthony Byrne, 8 Elm Walk, Stevenage, Herts, SG2 9UY.
How we’ve recently supported patients
- Each year we maintain the Emergency and Hardship fund for disbursement by Social workers, and we support the Renal Benefits Social Worker to help patients with PIP problems.
- We have been instrumental in obtaining grants from the North Hertfordshire and the Essex Community Funds for £4,000 and £3,000 respectively for the provision of Body Composition Monitors enabling a machine to be placed in each of the Units.
- A Renal Peer Support Facilitator, Dom Willison, was appointed and commenced work last year. We contributed to this position from our budget with further help coming from the Organ Donation Committee.
- A Benefits Advisor commenced work in Mid-April and we are contributing to this appointment.
- The allocation of £150 each Christmas to each Unit for decorations, cards, a tree, Drinks and nibbles, and we allocate £10 per head (max £300) to any Unit that organises a meal or outing for their patients.
- We have recently agreed to the purchase of scales for Home Dialysis patients.
- Some outpatients benefit from TELECLINIC appointments and are supplied with tablets for communication. We have funded the rubber protection cases for these.
- We have contributed £2,000 towards the Mural Artwork in the entrance to the Lister, revealed on Thurs 9th March 2017 in conjunction with World Kidney Day.
Please join us!
It is free to join our Association. You can then request a copy of our newsletter which will be posted to you. You will be supporting a local charity and strengthening the voice of kidney patients and their families.