Support for Kidney Patients
We’d be pleased to hear from you if you have any questions regarding LAKPA or how it can support you. You may wish to raise an issue with us so that we can support you without sharing your name, if that is your wish. However, if your query or comment is of a medical nature or concerns your treatment, you should contact your nurse or doctor in the first instance or renal administration on 01438 284362.
Another option is to contact PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) whose remit is to help patients, carers, staff and the public by:
- Listening to your concerns about your care and providing support and help to resolve them.
- Answering questions about your care in our hospitals.
- Providing ‘on the spot help’ by giving advice, information and support.
- Helping disabled patients who experience any difficulty in accessing our services.
- Passing on your compliments to our staff.
- Referring patients to the complaints department.
They can be contacted on 01438 285811
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, the National Kidney Federation has a free Helpline for patients, carers and others and two experienced members of staff will be pleased to hear from you and offer their help on a wide range of issues affecting kidney patients, on an anonymous basis. The Helpline number is 0800 169 09 36, and it is open during weekdays between 9am and 5pm.